Beyond COVID-19, the Sustainable Development Agenda and New Avenues for Growth & Collaboration for Impact Investors.
Recent events across the world including the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic have flattened economies and within the impact investment landscape, it has disrupted impact investors’ projects, delayed the vision of pushing the movement to the mainstream and affected the 2020 plans for the sustainable development agenda.
Today, the health and wellbeing of global citizens is top in the priorities of national governments and private entities. As global commentators and experts continue to question the intentions of the present economic systems due to mounting tensions,
- How have this singular event, which have defined the whole of the year affected impact businesses and the ability for impact investors to invest in companies, organisations and funds?
- How are impact investors, social enterprises and other stakeholders adapting or adjusting?
- What effects does the global pandemic have on the Sustainable Development Agenda and 2030 milestone?
- How can industry players develop new partnerships, discover new opportunities and drive growth in challenging times?
The 5th Africa Impact Investing Leaders Forum 2020 will bring together all players to dissect these issues, share their experiences, insights, and focus primarily on providing a platform for pitching new investment opportunities and promoting collaboration that will enable all to thrive during these challenging times.
I thoroughly enjoyed attending the event. I made contact with some very interesting people and we are currently working together on Africa-focused projects. Very well done!
– Stella Okuzu, Principal Consultant, EDD Consulting Limited
Congratulations for the Impact Investing in Africa forum yesterday. It was an outstanding event!
– Pierrick Paindavoine, Director, Impact Investing Fund, Louis Dreyfus Commodities